Raphael Gil has broad experience representing companies and individuals in connection with white-collar government investigations, enforcement actions, and corporate internal investigations. Before joining Quiñones Law, Raphael worked in the government enforcement and white-collar crime defense group at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, where he represented clients in matters involving FCPA violations, bribery and corruption, and bid-rigging.
Raphael has also represented clients in securities class action litigation, shareholder derivative actions, and commercial litigation.
At Quiñones Law, Raphael uses his deep investigative and litigation experience to help clients solve difficult legal problems.
- Advised clients in connection with implementing and maintaining effective regulatory compliance programs.
- Represented financial institutions in parallel investigations by the DOJ, the SEC and other regulators related to alleged price-fixing and other anti-competitive practices.
- Conducted a pre-IPO due diligence review and internal investigation for an energy company’s Central and South America operations.
- Conducted an internal investigation into improper sales and inventory practices for a pharmaceutical company’s Mexican and Peruvian subsidiaries, including an anti-corruption risk assessment and remediation recommendations.
- Conducted internal investigations for client’s Mexican subsidiary relating to potential procurement practice irregularities, bid rigging, and violations of the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
The above includes matters worked on at a prior law firm.
- Board Member, Dominican Bar Association (2005-present)
- Member, NYC Bar Association (2008 – present)